Thank you so much for your interest in volunteering with Down Syndrome Indiana! Below you'll find a break down of each shift/volunteer need we have at current below. To register for any of the shifts please use the following link: http://goo.gl/forms/zQk7WW9DnC
- Hosting an Exhibit booth for DSI:Are you outgoing? Do you like to help people learn more about Down Syndrome Indiana? Then this is the volunteer area for you! Because you'll be meeting new people and helping them learn how DSI can assist them and their family!
- Shalom Center Exhibit – July 15th
- Cuenta Conmigo Childcare:If you love playing with younger children, and have a passion for different cultures this would be a great fit! Cuenta Conmigo is our Bilingual parent group for Spanish speaking families and meets the first Wednesday of each month from 6pm-8:30pm. Volunteers are needed from 5:30pm-9pm for set up and tear down. Please check all dates you'd like to register to volunteer for:
- June 3rd July 1st August 5th September 2nd October 7th November 4th
- MFDSN Childcare:Do you spend your Sunday afternoons watching Disney? Do you like kids? Well our Minority Families group needs help with childcare during their meetings! They meet the 4th Sunday of every month from 2:30pm-5:15pm. Please check all dates you'd like to register to volunteer for:
- August 23rd September 27th October 25th November 22nd
- May 29th DSI DADS Golf Outing : Join us for a fun day with golf, sun, and raising funds for our beloved DADS group! Volunteers are needed for morning set-up, registration, raffle monitors, lunch set up/clean up, contest monitors, drink stations and dinner set up/clean up. We'll be at Eagle Creek Golf Courseon the Westside of Indy! It'll be held May 29th from 7am til 7pm! Below you'll find the various areas and volunteer shifts available:
- Raffle Assistance – Do you like sales? Are you comfortable talking up raffle items to clients? Well then sign right up for the Raffle Assistance! We need help making sure people buy raffle tickets from 12pm-4pm.
- Lunch Servers – Are you passionate about serving others? Do you love BBQ? Then helping us serve Lunch to Golfers will be the greatest fit for you! We need help serving and cleaning up once they’re done from 10:30am-6pm.
- Course Monitors – Looking for some time in the Sun? Interested in judging some golf games? We have just the volunteer shift for you! Our Golf Outing has the following games that need to be staffed from 11:30am-6:30pm: 4 for Hole in One and play like a girl, and 3 for Longest Drive and Closest to the Pin.
- Dinner/Clean Up – Looking to serve but can’t miss work? Great, Dinner and Clean up run from 5pm—7pm!
- Floaters – If you can’t commit to any of the above or are just willing to serve in any area, you can always register as a floater! I just need to know what times you’re available.
May 29th - Adults with Disabilities Prom Night!
DSI is working with White River Christian Church, Special Olympics, Hollis Adams, Autism Society, Circle of Friends, JANUS, and Mephibosheth Ministries to put on a free prom for adults with disabilities. Volunteers are needed as chaperones and food monitors, etc. Please visit this link to see the full list of volunteers needed http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0c45abad2ea4fc1-adaptive
- The items below are still listed on Volunteer Spot:
- Down Syndrome Indiana needs help with Distributing Materials to Medical professionals! Every year we pass out postcards all over Indiana with our information to reach more families. If interested please click here to learn more!
- If you're insterested in collecting items for DSI we're seeking items for the following projects
For all questions please feel free to contact Alyssa Ludlow our Volunteer Coordinator at (317)925-7617 or firstname.lastname@example.org . We'd love to have you serve with us! If you're new to volunteering with us please fill out the form below, so we can send you our monthly Volunteer Newsletter!
We'd like to get a big Thank you to When I Work ( http://wheniwork.com/ ) for helping us organize our weekly volunteers with ease and pretty spreadsheets!
Volunteer and Change Your Life!
Down Syndrome Indiana wouldn’t be who we are today if it were not for our dedicated volunteers. We rely heavily on our volunteers and always have many volunteer opportunities available. Please fill out the form below to become a volunteer with Down Syndrome Indiana: