presented by Down Syndrome IndianaRegister yourself and your team TODAY!
Why Walk?Buddy Walk® was established in 1995 by the National Down Syndrome Society (NDSS) as an event to promote acceptance and inclusion of people with Down syndrome. This event is officially licensed by the National Down Syndrome Society to support groups and organizations across the country to positively influence on a local level the awareness of the Down syndrome community. Walks usually occur in October in observance of Down Syndrome Awareness Month. Nationally, Buddy Walk® is the most widely recognized public awareness program for the Down syndrome community. Locally, it is currently the largest fundraising event for Down Syndrome Indiana, with this year’s goal set at $230,000 for corporate and team sponsorships. The Buddy Walk® has three primary goals:
- To promote acceptance & inclusion of people with Down syndrome
- To raise funds locally and nationally for education, research and advocacy programs
- To enhance the position of the Down syndrome community, enabling us to positively influence local and national policy and practice
- New Parent Information & Resource Packets
- Educators’ Resources
- Social Activities
- Support for Research and Advocacy
- Informational and Educational Conferences
- Camp Hi-Lite Scholarships
16th Annual Buddy Walk® - Saturday, October 12, 2013Once again, we will gather to celebrate in Celebration Plaza of White River State Park in beautiful downtown Indianapolis, with the walk beginning at noon along the scenic canal loop. This family-friendly event is open to all children and adults with Down syndrome, their families, friends and thousands of local supporters. Mark your calendar for Saturday, October 12, 2013 and be prepared to have a great experience! If anyone has interest in joining the Planning Committee for the 16th Annual Buddy Walk®, please contact the DSI Buddy Walk® Coordinator via email or by calling the DSI Office at (317) 925-7617.
Check out our Top 5 Fundraising Teams: Check out our Top 5 Fundraising Individuals:
Interested in Sponsorship?
Click here now!